Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

I’m going to argue that this is the type of soup that needs to be made to order. While many soups and stews get more complex and enticing after a day or so in the refrigerator, I don’t find that to be true when it comes to soup of the broccoli variety. Am I alone here?
A Favorite Broccoli Cheddar SoupDay-old broccoli soup always smells very strong (and not in a good way) and tastes overcooked, as if from a can. The good news is this version couldn’t be simpler to make, and it’s perfect for those times when I feel like I need something with a serious nutritional punch. I give the soup a bit of an unexpected twist by topping it with golden, crunchy, mustardy croutons. Which you can skip, but I wouldn’t.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe

Topping Ideas

Aside from the croutons, this soup likes crusty, toasted walnut bread, or olive bread. It likes a good sheep feta in place of cheddar if that’s what you happen to have on hand, or a kiss of harissa whisked into a bit of olive oil. I know people like to pair broccoli with blue cheese. Personally, I find that to be over-powering, but if you really love blue cheese, that might be another direction to explore. If you have any other ideas, let me hear them – I make this soup often enough that I need fresh angles to work!

Continue reading Broccoli Cheddar Soup on 101 Cookbooks



from 101 Cookbooks http://bit.ly/2VUczix

No comments:

Post a Comment