Thursday, November 1, 2018

Perfect Little Kale Quinoa Bites

These little kale-packed quinoa bites came with me to Tokyo. I wedged eight of them into a structured container, tucked that into my purse, and onto the flight we went. I know some of you like to know what I bring to eat on flights, and four hours from SFO, I was wishing I’d brought more. My travel pockets were also lined with kishus (holding steady as my favorite winter citrus), a buttery, ripe avocado, and a bar of dark chocolate. The quinoa bites were nearly perfect for travel, in part because you can do most of the prep ahead of time. Here’s how.
Kale Quinoa Bites
A week before my flight I made a batch, shaped them, froze them, and the morning of my flight baked eight – you could also pan-fry them, if you don’t want to heat the oven. The rest were home awaiting my return. Kale Quinoa Bites

Variations

Part of the charm here is the inherent flexibility of quinoa bites. Feel free to play around with the quinoa base. I went with kale, edamame, feta, because they were on hand, tasty, and needed to be used up. But there are a thousand other combinations to explore. You could do chopped broccoli with goat cheese, or baby fava beans, and chopped asparagus with lemon zest as we head into spring. Or, add an assertive spice blend or curry powder, chopped garbanzos, and green peas.Kale Quinoa BitesKale Quinoa Bites

I had a great little trip. Not too long, not too short, and jam-packed. Pictures & and updated Tokyo map to come soon! We found a few special new items to share here, and I’m hoping they won’t take too long to arrive. xo -h

Continue reading Perfect Little Kale Quinoa Bites on 101 Cookbooks



from 101 Cookbooks https://ift.tt/2zjIgY5

No comments:

Post a Comment